- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, other than as necessary to fullfil your request, e.g. to book your services.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website (Sabrina Espeleta – firstname.lastname@example.org ). At any time you can:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Payments, User Registration and Bookings
Our website does not store any Credit Card Data, as all the payment system is redirected to a third-party secure Gateway payment provider.
In order to use this website or to have a more personalised user experience (saving favourite products/Villas for visits in a second moment), a user can complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. Please note, however, that registration is NOT compulsory, as you can always contact us through the Contact Form or to our e-mail address stated in the Contact Us page.
We request information from you through an online or offline Booking Form. To buy from us, you may provide contact information (like name and address), while the financial information (like credit card number, expiration date) will be solely processed by a Third-Party supplier. This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
- Advertising: We may work with advertisers or other partners and advertising service providers to serve ads or services that may be relevant to you based on your inferred interests or location (or both) to computers, mobile phones or other devices, which may use a device ID, cookie, pixel or other similar technology placed by Paragon Luxury Villas or the third party (although we would not share any other information that identifies you with an advertiser) on our Services, or on a third party website or app. The placing of these cookies, pixels or other technologies on your device may enable you to be identified across multiple websites and you should consult the privacy policies of our advertisers, partners and advertising service providers to understand how they collect and use your data. However, at the latest update (May 2018), we are currently not implementing any data usage for advertising. If anything changes you will be informed accordingly through on this page.
- Performance, Analytics and Research: Sometimes, we use other service providers to help us provide certain products and services and to provide us information about use of the Services to improve the Services and make it appealing to as many users as possible. For example,Paragon Luxury Villas uses third party analytics providers, like Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Google Search Console, in order to better understand who is using the service and how people are using it. As part of providing these services, these service providers may collect and store anonymous information such as time of visit, pages visited, and time spent on each page of the website, IP address, and type of operating system used.
Please note however, that all data processed is anonymous and solely used for statistical purposes. We do not store any data individually, such as IP addresses, etc. All data is treated in an aggregated way.
Can cookies be turned off?
Most web browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as – depending on the sophistication of your browser software – allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. Also, Google has developed a web browser plugin to allow you to opt-out of Google Analytics’ tracking software. Also, certain versions of the iOS operating system permit you to “Limit Ad Tracking” in the system settings and certain versions of the Android operating system allow you to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” in the system settings. Additionally, you can opt-out of Paragon Luxury Villas serving behaviourally targeted ads outside of Paragon Luxury Villas website in your account settings.
Is my personal information secure?
Your Paragon Luxury Villas account (in case you have registered on our platform) personal information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorised access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Paragon Luxury Villas endeavours to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However,Paragon Luxury Villas cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. We use a credit card processing company/external Payment Gateway Systems to bill users for our Villa Rental services, which are hosted on an external server. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Links, Mailing Lists and Newsletters
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
From time-to-time (on a monthly basis, we don’t like to spam our clients!) our site will send you a Monthly Newsletter with special offers or some information and blog articles about holidays in Sri Lanka: you may choose to opt-in for this service through our Contact Form. We will send our Newsletter only to our past clients who have accepted the mailing list. Information collected may include contact information (such as name and email).
What security procedures does Paragon Luxury Villas put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with the recent GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation applicable to all residents of the EU, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can e-mail: sabrina[at]paragonluxuryvillas [dot]com
Phishing or False emails
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our members that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at Customer Support if you get an email like this.
What Personal Information can I access?
Paragon Luxury Villas allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. This applies only if you have registered through our platform. You can access this information on the user settings page (except usage information, which can be accessed in the “History” tab). This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, office, home, city, photo)
- Usage information (for example, check-in history)
The travel and villa rental services offered by Paragon Luxury Villas are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
How do I delete My Account if I have registered?
Should you ever decide to delete your account, you may do so by clicking on the “Delete/Remove account” link on your account settings page. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your check-in history, badges/stickers you received, your User Submissions and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from Paragon Luxury Villas ’s servers.
How Is Information removed from My Account?
You can remove/change content or information that you have posted on the Services on your account and profile through the Services or you can ask us to remove it by writing to our web manager, at sabrina[at]paragonluxuryvillas [dot]com. Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (60) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to our web manager sabrina[at]paragonluxuryvillas [dot]com