Large castle | Loire valley | 9 Bedrooms
Large Castle to rent in Loire valley with Sale Price – Chateau De Raguerniere
Chateau for rent in Loire valley for Large Groups. This Private castle is ideal for 18 guests. Facilities include 9 ensuite bedrooms, Private Pool, Child-Safe Pool, Wi-Fi/Internet, BBQ, Satellite TV, Bicycles Provided, Gym/Fitness area, Games Room, Indoor Games, Outdoor Games, DVD, Fireplace, Heating, Caretaker/Owner on Site, Ideal for Parties, Walking Paths, Wine Tasting, Golf Nearby, Fishing, and much more Outdoor Activities nearby.
PRICES: From £6,858 for 5 nights stay to £12,858 a week | See below for Seasonal Rates.
HIGHLIGHTS: Chateau Villandry 10 km with its famous gardens, Azay-le-Rideau 10 km – moated château, Vineyards and wine tastings are all within an hour’s drive, Four golf clubs within 30 minutes and Horse riding – local riding stables is a 5-minute walk.
This large Castle to rent in Loire Valley is a magnificently decorated 19th-century luxury Chateau which sits in a private estate of 22 acres (9 hectares) of formal gardens and woodland. A short walk from the picturesque town of Langeais by the Loire River, The Chateau offers beautifully designed accommodation for up to 18 guests. Making it a Good size castle to rent in France.
What inside this £8,572 to £12,858 a week Large Castle in Loire valley?
The Chateau is ideal for holidays, celebrations, family get-togethers, special occasions, weddings, and corporate events and is perfectly located to visit the many vineyards and large chateaux, which are open to the public, as well as other places of interest. The well-decorated ensuite bedrooms accommodate 18 guests. The Swimming pool is perfect to rest after busy activities throughout the day.
– Golf driving range
– Outdoor heated swimming pool (14x7m), open from late May to September
– Terraces furnished for relaxing in the sun or shade, for outdoor dining and cocktails
– Boules/petanque court
– Frisbee golf course
– Table tennis
– Gym (Personal Training can be arranged)
– Large trampoline
– Selection of bicycles & helmets
– Nature walks
– Jogging trail
– Portable gas BBQ
– Fruit picking (in season)
– Cookery classes
– Wine tastings
- Ferries: UK to Caen, Cherbourg or St Malo.
- Eurotunnel: Folkestone – Calais.
- Car: A85 Exit 7 to Langeais 4 km
- Flights: Direct flights from Stansted to Tours.
- Trains: Paris 58 minutes by TGV to Tours. Tours to Langeais 20 minutes. Tours to Saumur 20 minutes.
– Langeais town centre 1 km – château with working drawbridge and jester, restaurants, shops & cafés and a vibrant Sunday morning market plus local train station with direct trains to Tours and Saumur.
– Tours 25 km – Tours château, flower and food markets including ‘Les Halles’, the impressive, indoor food market, shops and restaurants.
– Saumur 40 km – restaurants, shops and the famous Cadre Noir military riding school.
– Villandry 10 km – magnificent château and famous gardens.
– Ussé 18 km – ‘Sleeping Beauty’ château and grounds.
– Azay-le-Rideau 10 km – moated château.
– Vineyards and wine tastings are all within an hour’s drive, at Chinon 30 km, St Nicholas de Bourgueil 24 km and Vouvray 33 km.
– Wine walks through the vineyards with tastings.
– Cycling along the Loire River just 5 minutes away.
– Spectacular evening light displays and shows at nearby châteaux.
– Golf – Four golf clubs within 30 minutes drive.
– Horse riding – local riding stables is a 5 minute walk.
- Nearest Airport: Tours(31-35 km)
- Nearest Ferry Port: Caen(Over 100 km)
- Nearest Village: Langeais(1 km)
- Nearest Town/City: Tours(21-25 km)
- Nearest Restaurant: Langeais(1 km)
- Nearest Bar/Pub: Langeais(1 km)
- Nearest Golf: Sept Tours(16-20 km)
- Culture, History, and Art:
- This is of course the land of magical chateaux, many of them near the house such as Chateau de Langeais, Chateau de Villandry , Chateau Royal d’Amboise and Chateau de Chenonceau. A little further but worth the drive is Chateau de Chambord which should be combined with a visit to the utterly beautiful town of Blois on the Loire river.
- highlights to the south-west include the Fontevraud Abbey and the fascinating Troglodyte caves in Rochemenier.
- Resting on the banks of the Vienne River to the south, the medieval town of Chinon is a wonderful place to visit for the day. Follow the winding streets full of little shops and restaurants up to the castle and appreciate the history all around you. It’s another wine-producing town so be sure to stop off in one of the town’s caves where you can sample some local produce! Hire canoes for a leisurely afternoon by the river.
- There is yet more fascinating history to discover in Tours (38km), also an excellent place for its high-end gastronomy with amazing markets across the city. Wine-lovers should continue to the famous vineyards of Vouvray (58km).
- Special events and gatherings: In 2019 the region is celebrating its Renaissance by marking 500 years since the death of Leonardo da Vinci and the year the first stone was laid for Chateau de Chambord. There will be many special events and expositions taking place across the Loire Valley.
- Culinary Experiences: Discover fine regional foods such as amazing cheeses, truffles, excellent meats, and preserved pears. Within 2km of the house, you can pick up your morning pastries and bread from the boulangerie in the local village, where you will also find a pharmacy and doctors. There’s an excellent restaurant serving local specialties within 1.5km.
- Active outdoors:
- Canoe along the Loire river and sample the sparkling wine in Saumur, home of the Cadre Noir equestrian school or explore the wine caves in the winding lanes of pretty Chinon.
- In the afternoons in July and August, there is a leisure park just south of Bourgueil with a lake where you can swim when the lifeguard is present as well as a beach, games for kids, petanque, volleyball, ping-pong, and bike paths connecting to the Loire à Vélo (a cycling trail along the Loire riverside). This is also a lovely area for hiking.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING AREA
The Chateau has just been updated and blends designer decoration and furnishings with the elegance and opulence of a 19th-century residence.
The spacious and elegant ground floor comprises an entrance hall, drawing room, formal dining room, cocktail lounge, billiard room, family room with turret, breakfast room, troglodyte (cave) dining room, and cloakroom.
9 Stylish ensuite bedrooms for 18 guests
- Property Floorplans (please click to open in separate Tab)
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- STAFF: Self-Catering
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa
- Heating/Maybe charged please check T&C’s Below
- Private Pool
- Child-Safe Pool
- Satellite TV
- Bicycles Provided
- Gym/Fitness area
- Games Room
- Indoor Games
- Outdoor Games
- Caretaker/Owner on Site
- Ideal for Parties
RATES (£ – GBP)
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Self Catering
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Prices based on an occupancy of 18 people:
|Rental period||5 Nights||Weekly|
|Jan 19th 2021 – Mar 27th 2021||£6,858||£8,572|
|Apr 10th 2021 – May 28th 2021||£6,858||£8,572|
|* Bank Holiday – Spring Bank Holiday||–||£11,787|
|May 30th 2021 – Jun 1st 2021||£6,858||£8,572|
|Jun 1st 2021 – Jul 1st 2021||£7,715||£9,644|
|Jul 1st 2021 – Sep 1st 2021||–||£11,787|
|Sep 1st 2021 – Oct 1st 2021||£7,715||£9,644|
|Oct 1st 2021 – Dec 18th 2021||£6,858||£8,572|
|Dec 18th 2021 – Jan 8th 2022||–||£11,787|
|Jan 8th 2022 – Apr 16th 2022||£7,715||£9,644|
|Apr 16th 2022 – May 27th 2022||£8,572||£10,715|
|* Bank Holiday – Spring Bank Holiday||–||£12,858|
|Jun 6th 2022 – Jul 1st 2022||£8,572||£10,715|
|Jul 1st 2022 – Jul 23rd 2022||–||£12,858|
Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
Extras for this Large Castle to rent in Loire valley
We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
– Maid service/extra cleaning
– Private chef/cook/catering
– Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
– Local day-trips or tours
– Airport pick-up/drop-off
– Babysitting/childcare services
- Extras available at this property (payable locally):–
– BBQ / Buffet Picnics
– Local product hamper
– Shopping for your arrival
– Event planning
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
- The official price for this Large Castle to rent in Loire valley is in British sterling pounds (£). Other currencies are listed for reference only. Every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the day’s exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing.
- The Villa t is sold on VILLA ONLY BASIS + SECURITY DEPOSIT MAY BE REQUIRED ON BOOKING, Please enquire about your preferences of rental at the time of enquiry.
- Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
All prices published in our marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur. We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
- Services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. The exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subject to our General Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||€2000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival/in cash upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.|
|Arrival time||4:00 p.m.|
|Departure time||10:30 a.m.|
|Energy costs included?||Yes.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes, including pool towels.|
|Pets welcome?||No pets allowed.|
|Smoking Allowed?||Outdoors only.|
|Changeover day||Saturday in July, August, May Half Term, Christmas and New Year. Flexible during all other periods.|
|Insurance||It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Extra €350. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.|
|Minimum stay||5 nights, except in July, August, May Half term, Christmas and New Year when 7 nights.|
|Tax||French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).|
|Pool heating charge?||The pool is heated free of charge in June, July and August. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Please note that extra beds can be provided on request at an extra charge of €40 per person per night (or €20 per child under 5 per night).|
|Other Ts and Cs||The pool is open from late May to September.|
|Heating costs included?||Yes, from October to May.|
Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
How to Book this Castle rental in Loire valley?
The Best way to book this chateau with a pool in Loire Valley is to get in touch with us directly, to find out more about Special offers & Discounts which will be given at the time of confirming your Ski holiday.
Why you should book this Castle in Loire valley with an agent?
There are many reasons why you should choose to book a Castle, Chateau, Villa, or apartment with an agent or Operator. Some key points to consider to book a villa with us.
- As a Villa operator, we are always updated with price changes, such as Discounts, Special offers, Long stay deals on this villa in Loire Valley.
- We make sure your contract is with the Chateau OR villa owner/Local operator we work closely with.
- If the Castle, Chateau, or Villa in Loire Valley is booked for the period you requested, we are able to match a similar villa matching your budget in Loire Valley.
- Since we work directly and closely with this villa in Loire Valley., we are able to answer all your chalet holiday queries and requirements as a Ski company.
- We are also able to either directly or indirectly arrange various concierge services for your Villa rental booking in Loire Valley.