Luxury Villa 6 | Avignon, Provence | 7 Bedrooms
Luxury villa to rent near Avignon, in Provence – A pretty bastide (Country house)
If you are searching for luxury villa rentals in Provence, South of France, This Holiday rental near Avignon is great for families with children and small size groups. Facilities include 7 Bedrooms & 6 Bathrooms and can accommodate 12 Guests. Private Pool, Child-Safe Poo,l Heated Pool, Wi-Fi, Air-Con, BBQ, Bicycles Provided, Table Tennis, Pool/Snooker, Home Cinema, Fireplace, Heating, has access to Wine Tasting, Golf Nearby, Cycling routes, Horse Riding, Fishing, Walking and Hiking Paths nearby.
PRICES: From £9,411 to £16,311 a week | See below for Seasonal Rates.
HIGHLIGHTS: Famous Provençal town of L’Isle Sur la Sorgue, Sunday morning market, canoes along the beautiful Sorgue river, For the cyclists head to Mont Ventoux to experience one of France’s most famous routes, Golf-lovers should travel to Golf Saumane, only a 10-minute drive away.
This is idyllic Provence at its best – a grand and beautiful 18th-century bastide with enchanting character, glorious gardens and only a leisurely walk or cycle ride to L’Isle sur la Sorgue with picturesque café terraces by the river’s edge.
What’s inside this £9,411 to £16,311 a week holiday rental near Avignon, Provence?
This luxury villa to rent near Avignon, in Provence was the favoured holiday home of one of France’s greatest twentieth-century authors and thinkers. It was originally built in the mid-18th Century as a country home for a famous duke. After a fascinating history, the current owners fell in love with the bastide and renovated it into an exquisite home of an incredibly high standard whilst retaining its historical character. In a secluded position, surrounded by over 5000m2 of gardens bordered by 300-year old plane trees, this is a quiet and natural environment where you can gather with family and friends to dine al-fresco in the shade of the ancient trees, play on the vast lawns or relax by the inviting heated swimming pool.
Top tips before you rent this luxury villa near Avignon,
- This luxury Bastide is best suited for groups of 12, however, it can accommodate up to 2 additional guests (subject to owner’s approval – please enquire)
- Air-conditioning is featured in the main living room and two of the bedrooms only
- Whilst you can borrow bikes and even hire a vintage Citroen 2CV, larger parties may wish to also hire a car to get out and about exploring some of the more remote villages of the Luberon
– Heated swimming pool (18mx8m), heated approximately May to end-September. Pool safety alarm
– Gas barbecue
– Pool house with kitchen/bar area, table tennis and 2 WCs
– Gardens (5000m2)
Luxury villa near Avignon, Provence is spread over 5000m2 of fabulous gardens, just 2km outside the famous Provençal town of L’Isle Sur la Sorgue in the Luberon region of Provence. The villa has bikes that guests can borrow, the ideal way to reach the town in just 15-minutes, or it’s a leisurely walk or five-minute drive.
You can even reach the Mediterranean coast in a little over an hour with the beaches of Marseille around 90km away. Cassis (117km) and the Calanques National Park, with its incredible scenery on the French Riviera, is only a 1hr 15-minute drive away.
- Nearest Airport Avignon/Nimes (18km/68km)
- Nearest Train Station Gare de L’Isle Sur la Sorgue/Avignon TGV (2.5km/29km)
- Nearest Village L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (2km)
- Nearest Restaurant L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (2km)
- Nearest Supermarket L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (2.5km)
- Nearest Golf Golf de Saumane (8km)
- Culture, History, and Art:
- Historic Avignon (28km), the capital of Provence, and Aix-en-Provence (72km), one of France’s most beautiful university towns, are both under an hour away by car – Avignon can also be easily reached by train from L’Isle sur la Sorgue for a spectacular day out.
- Nearby, some of the gems of this region are also within easy reach for wonderful trips across Provence such as Les Alpilles and its idyllic villages including Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (32km) and Les Baux-de-Provence (41km). Head north to the famous wine-growing region of Châteauneuf-du-Pape (35km) in the southern Rhône or there are also many wonderful wineries to discover closer to home.
- Special events and gatherings: N/A
- Culinary Experiences:
- The Sunday morning market in L’Isle sur la Sorgue is the biggest in the Luberon and people come from all over Provence and beyond. It’s a food market and brocante, selling all sorts of wonderful local produce alongside antiques and Bric-à-brac. It’s one of the largest antique markets in Europe and there are even bigger markets when the International Antiques Fair takes place around Easter and August time.
- Active outdoors:
- All the family can hire canoes along the beautiful Sorgue river and sail from Fontaine de Vaucluse, the source of the river, to L’Isle sur la Sorgue. There is also some great trout fishing in the river – the town used to be a fishing village many years ago.
- Keen cyclists should visit Mont Ventoux to experience one of France’s most famous routes whilst walkers should head to the Plateau de Vaucluse for some incredible hikes or discover amazing trails across the idyllic Luberon landscapes.
- Golf-lovers should travel to Golf Saumane, only a ten-minute drive away whilst there are climbing opportunities near Buoux (36km), a tiny village with a castle not to be missed and now a mecca for rock-climbing.
- You are also within close driving distance of the archetypal Provençal villages of Bonnieux (25km), Lacoste (22km), Roussillon (25km) and Van Gogh’s beloved Gordes (19km), one of France’s Plus Beaux Villages. Why not visit these beautiful villages on board a vintage Citroen 2CV, which is available to rent from the owners, a guide can also be arranged.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING AREA
**This Luxury villa near Avignon, Provence is best suited for groups of 12, however, it can accommodate up to 2 additional guests (subject to owner’s approval – please enquire)**
– Large lounge-diner with sofas, 240cm projector screen and four speakers, dining table, library and air-conditioning
– Second lounge with fireplace and billiard table
– Third lounge with sofas, TV and fireplace
– Kitchen, fully-equipped
This wedding friendly villa can sleep 12 Guest in 7 Bedrooms
– Bedroom 1 (35m2) with king-size double/twin bed, mini-fridge, Nespresso machine, and adjoining shower room with separate WC
– Bedroom 2 (40m2) with king-size double/twin bed, Nespresso machine and adjoining bathroom with separate WC
– Bedroom 3 (45m2) with air-conditioning, king-size double/twin bed, mini-fridge, Nespresso machine and ensuite bathroom with separate shower room and WC
– Bedroom 4 (35m2) with air-conditioning, king-size double/twin bed, mini-fridge, Nespresso machine and ensuite shower room with separate WC. Connects to bedroom 5
– Bedroom 5 (15m2) with twin beds. Connects to bedroom 4
East Side Wing (first and second floor)
– Bedroom 6 (35m2) on the second floor with air-conditioning, queen-size bed, shower room and separate WC
– Bedroom 7 (35m2) on the first floor with three single beds, shower room and WC
- Property Floorplans (please check at the time of booking)
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- STAFF: Self-Catering
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa
- Heating/Maybe charged please check T&C’s Below
- Air-conditioning (in the main living room and three bedrooms)
- Swimming pool
- Private Pool
- Child-Safe Pool
- Heated Pool
- Nespresso machines (in kitchen and four of the bedrooms)
- Mini-fridges (in three of the bedrooms)
- Billiard table
- Table tennis
- Bikes to hire
- Table Tennis
RATES (£ – GBP)
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Self Catering
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Prices based on an occupancy of 12 people:
|Rental period||3 Nights||4 Nights||5 Nights||Weekly|
|Feb 9th 2021 – Mar 1st 2021||–||–||–||£11,293|
|Mar 1st 2021 – Apr 1st 2021||£4,706||£5,915||£7,124||£9,411|
|Apr 1st 2021 – May 1st 2021||£5,333||£6,703||£8,074||£10,665|
|May 1st 2021 – Jun 1st 2021||£5,960||£7,492||£9,024||£11,920|
|Jun 1st 2021 – Jul 1st 2021||£6,274||£7,886||£9,499||£12,547|
|Jul 1st 2021 – Aug 1st 2021||£6,901||£8,675||£10,449||£13,802|
|Aug 1st 2021 – Sep 1st 2021||£8,156||£10,252||£12,348||£16,311|
|Sep 1st 2021 – Oct 1st 2021||£6,274||£7,886||£9,499||£12,547|
|Oct 1st 2021 – Nov 1st 2021||£5,333||£6,703||£8,074||£10,665|
|Nov 1st 2021 – Dec 18th 2021||£4,706||£5,915||£7,124||£9,411|
|Christmas & New Year||£6,274||£7,886||£9,499||£12,547|
|Jan 8th 2022 – Mar 1st 2022||£4,706||£5,915||£7,124||£9,411|
|Mar 1st 2022 – Apr 1st 2022||£4,706||£5,915||£7,124||£9,411|
|Apr 1st 2022 – May 1st 2022||£5,333||£6,703||£8,074||£10,665|
|May 1st 2022 – Jun 1st 2022||£5,960||£7,492||£9,024||£11,920|
|Jun 1st 2022 – Jul 1st 2022||£6,274||£7,886||£9,499||£12,547|
|Jul 1st 2022 – Aug 1st 2022||£6,901||£8,675||£10,449||£13,802|
|Aug 1st 2022 – Aug 13th 2022||£8,156||£10,252||£12,348||£16,311|
Extras for this luxury villa near Avignon, Provence
We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
– Maid service/extra cleaning
– Private chef/cook/catering
– Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
– Local day-trips or tours
– Airport pick-up/drop-off
– Babysitting/childcare service
Extras available at this property (included):
– Welcome pack with two bottles of wine, two bottles of locally made fresh juice, fruit, and other basic kitchen supplies
– Welcome amenity kit by L’Occitane
– 3 hours maid service included three times per week
– Owner can share information on the local region
Extras available at this property (payable locally):
– Bikes available on request
– Vintage Citroen 2CV available to hire on request, with or without a guide
– Continental breakfast
– Home catering
– Additional maid service
– Wine, cheese and olive oil tastings
– Cooking classes at the villa
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
- The official price for this Luxury villa near Avignon, Provence is in British sterling pounds (£). Other currencies are listed for reference only. Every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the day’s exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing.
- The Villa t is sold on SELF CATERING BASIS + SECURITY DEPOSIT MAY BE REQUIRED ON BOOKING, Please enquire about your preferences of rental at the time of enquiry.
- Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
All prices published in our marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur. We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
- Services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. The exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subject to our General Terms and Conditions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||€8,000 paid locally to the owner upon arrival via credit card deposit.|
|Arrival time||5.00 p.m.|
|Departure time||11.00 a.m.|
|Energy costs included?||Yes.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes, including pool towels.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Yes. Please note, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance, and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit|
|Pool heating charge?||No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.|
|Pool opening dates?||The pool is open and heated from approximately May to the end-September.|
|Minimum stay||7 nights (shorter stays are on request only, please enquire).|
|Changeover day||Saturday (other days on request, please enquire).|
|Smoking Allowed?||Not allowed inside the house. Candles are also not permitted.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Weddings, stag/hen parties, and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.|
|Tax||French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if the exact amount is required).|
|Other Ts and Cs||Bastide de L’Etranger is best suited for groups of 12, however, it can accommodate up to 2 additional guests (subject to owner’s approval – please enquire).|
Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
How to Book this Luxury villa near Avignon, Provence?
The Best way to book this Luxury villa near Avignon, Provence is to get in touch with us directly, to find out more about Special offers & Discounts which will be given at the time of confirming your Ski holiday.
Why you should book this Luxury villa near Avignon with an agent?
There are many reasons why you should choose to book this Wedding villa near Avignon with an agent or Operator. Some key points to consider to book a villa with us.
- As a Villa operator, we are always updated with price changes, such as Discounts, Special offers, Long stay deals on this villa rental in Provence.
- We make sure your contract is with the villa owner/Local operator we work closely with.
- If this Villa in Provence is booked for the period you requested, we are able to match a similar villa matching your budget.
- Since we work directly and closely with this Private Villa in Avignon, we are able to answer all your chalet holiday queries and requirements as a company.
- We are also able to either directly or indirectly arrange various concierge services for your Villa rental booking in Provence.