Medieval Sicilian Castle | Caltanisetta | 16 Bedrooms
A 14th Century Castle with Pool and private park – A large luxury villa to rent in Sicily
If you are Looking for Large Accommodation in Sicily, this Castle in Caltanisetta, Sicily is an ideal option for Group Holidays to Italy. The Holiday rental is also great for Weddings and Celebrations in Sicily. The Villa can accommodate 30 guests in 16 bedrooms and has 14 Bathrooms, Facilities include a lake-shaped swimming pool, Wi-Fi, Air-Con, Satellite TV, Barbecue, Breakfast, Caretaker in-ground, Coffee machine, Dishwasher, Washing machine, DVD player, Fireplace, Heating, HI-Fi, Microwave Oven & Private parking.
PRICES: in EUROS (€) for a week | Rates On request only – (Prices will be converted to GBP(£) on days exchange rates at the time of booking)
This large luxury villa to rent in Sicily is a stunning ancient Castle in a fantastic location for a fabulous holiday. The castle is great for a special celebration or party with a large group of friends. This Middle Ages castle is located in front of one of the most beautiful beaches of the Sicilian South Coast. The Castle of Falconara dates back to the 14th Century. The Castle has been improved and altered over the centuries to keep it in step with the times. It is is now an extremely comfortable — and practical — luxury home, suffused with historic atmosphere and aristocratic finesse. The castle is surrounded by a magnificent park full of palm trees, aromatic, rare and historic plants. It has a fantastic swimming pool, as well as direct access to the sea, through an ancient flight of steps carved into a tunnel in the natural tufa.
What to expect in this Wedding Venue large villa rental in Sicily, Italy?
The castle is surrounded by a magnificent park full of palm trees, aromatic, rare, and historic plants (many of which are normally to be found only in botanic gardens) and has a fantastic swimming pool, as well as direct access to the sea through an ancient flight of steps carved into a tunnel in the natural tufa. The castle is set on two levels connected by a grand staircase. On the top floor is a recently constructed and very comfortable apartment comprising a large living room, kitchen, terrace, and 7 bedrooms (six doubles and one twin) each with a private bathroom.
On the piano nobile is a typical Baroque “enfilade” of grande reception rooms culminating in the Blue Room, two dining rooms, a guest bathroom and two bedrooms (one double and one single) accessed up a small staircase. A sweeping terrace runs alongside the numerous reception rooms. A second staircase leads down to more bedrooms (five doubles, one twin and a single). All the bedrooms have views of the sea.
This castle is located in the Province of Caltanisetta, and it is an ideal base to discover the Southern Coast of Sicily, including the Greek Archaeological site of Agrigento. This huge castle is best suited to large groups of friends or families. The closest international Airport is Catania, located at 98 miles (157kms).
It’s hard to imagine a more stunning location for a holiday or party than this evocative medieval castle dramatically clamped to a rocky crag dominating one of the most splendid beaches on Sicily’s south coast. Dating back to the 14th century, the Castle of Falconara has been improved and altered over the centuries to keep it in step with the times. It is now an extremely comfortable — and practical — luxury home, suffused with historic atmosphere and aristocratic finesse.
What to know before you book this Large beachfront Castle rental in Sicily?
- The two levels are absolutely independent, sharing only access to the grand reception rooms, the beach and the swimming pool.
- On request, and according to availability, they can be booked separately. Two of the bedrooms on the upper level have a quirky bathroom created inside a large wardrobe — ideal for children!
- For an extra fee, guests can use the spa facilities and tennis courts of the adjacent hotel, Falconara Resort.
- This huge castle is obviously best suited to large groups who want a holiday in which they can combine lazing on the beach and enjoying the castle grounds with day trips to sites such as Agrigento, Caltagirone and Piazza Armerina.
The short drive into Licata for dinner at Madia, one of the finest restaurants in Italy. Visiting the temples of Agrigento.
- Catania airport 98 miles
- Palermo airport 135 miles
- Comiso airport 39.5 miles
- Licata 7.4 miles
- Agrigento 35.9 miles
Some things not to miss when you are staying at this Large Castle in Sicily, Italy
- The greek defensive fortification in Gela.
- The Castle is set in a central position between Agrigento and Ragusa, so is better to visit the enchanting Temple’s valley in Agrigento and the jewel of the Baroque valley – Ragusa Ibla.
- Visit the olive farm of Mandranova and if you want to have also a cooking lesson and lunch.
- Restaurants “ La Madia” by Filippo Cutaia – 2* Michelin.
- The Spa Area of Falconara resort, a walking distance from the Castle.
- The visit at Piazza Armerina and the famous Villa del Casale.
- For lovers of Kitesurfing the excellent Kitespot of Torre Manfria or Torre di Gaffe.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING AREA
6 double bedrooms (of which 3 can be converted into twins)
1 twin bedroom
All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms
Large reception/dining room
6 reception rooms
2 dining rooms, one big and one small
suite consisting of two bedrooms (one double and one single) with ensuite bathroom and little living room
16 bedrooms of this Wedding Venue Castle in Sicily can accommodate 30 Guests
5 double bedrooms
2 twin bedrooms
1 single bedroom
One of the single bedrooms has a bathroom outside the room, while one-two twins have a little bathroom created inside a wardrobe.
MAIN VILLA FEATURES – Service and Facilities
- STAFF: Self-Catering
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa
- Internet (Wi-Fi) – Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning: Yes
- Swimming pool: Private pool / Large pool
- TV Sat
- Caretaker in ground
- Coffee machine
- DVD player
- Microwave Oven
- Private parking
- Washing machine
RATES PER WEEK (EUR)
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Self Catering
Prices based on an occupancy of 16 bedrooms, 30 sleeps
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Rates On request only
Security deposit: Refundable at the departure less any damages € 2000.00
Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
- The Price for this large Group wedding villa rental in Sicily is in Euros (€). Other currencies are listed for reference only. Every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the day’s exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing.
- The Villa t is sold on SELF CATERING BASIS + SECURITY DEPOSIT MAY BE REQUIRED ON BOOKING, Please enquire about your preferences of rental at the time of enquiry.
- Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
All prices published in our marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur. We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
- Services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. The exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subject to our General Terms and Conditions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
- The prices are intended in euros and per week unless otherwise stated. All properties are rented fully furnished and equipped. The price includes what is specifically noted in the program in relation to the villa in question.
- Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Any extra services (such as cleaning persons, waiters, chefs, etc.) have to be requested in advance, preferably at the time of booking the villa.
- We will provide the contact details and all further relationships will be exclusively between the client and the third party providing the service.
- Paragon Luxury Villas (PLV) is exempt of any responsibility regarding the service provided by the third party.
- Bed and bathroom linen are included in most villas (a set per person per week). If the client wishes linen to be changed more frequently, unless already foreseen for the specific villa, the client will have to make the request at the time of the booking as this extra service could entail a pre-established extra cost.
- In the case that young children are included in the party, PLV suggests to ensure that a cot or extra bed is available with its relevant linen.
- A breakage deposit is required to cover the necessary costs following any damage made to the villa.
- The deposit will be handed over in cash or an insurance policy between the Local suppliers and EuropeAssistance can be stipulated. Any damage will be put in evidence at the time of check-out by the villa owner or a delegate.
- If there is no evident damage, the villa owner reserves the right to request payment after the clients ‘departure and however, within 10 days of his departure.
- The client has the responsibility to maintain the property, its appliances, and all that is present within it (such as furniture, decor, equipment etc.) in the state they were found, in their cleanliness, location, and working order.
- Guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy, and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- The client will be responsible for any damage, loss or breakage caused by the client during the stay in the rented villa. (PLV therefore strongly suggests to depart equipped with an adequate travel insurance)
- Any use of the house other than its normal use (such as the celebration of an event, a wedding, a cocktail party or similar) has to be agreed by the villa owner who could opt to add an extra cost or an increase of the breakage deposit.
- The client will, after the villa owner’s authorization, be responsible for possible authorization requests for the planned event.
- The parking of campers, tents or similar installations on the property is forbidden unless previously agreed with the villa owner.
- Usually, Pets are not allowed in any of the rental properties unless otherwise stated. In any case, the request will have to be made with the villa owner at the time of booking. In case of written confirmation, the villa owner may charge an extra cost or increase the breakage deposit.
- If the client omits to communicate the presence of animals, the villa owner reserves the right to ask that the animal is kept in an animal home during the rental period or the villa owner may opt to cease the contract and invite the clients to leave the property without any refund or compensation.
ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY
The villa owner or a chosen delegate has the right to access the villa for inspection prior to the clients’ departure and in the case of urgent maintenance work after having informed the guests of the time. Gardeners and other house staff have access to the villa as per details previously agreed with the clients.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Check-in is normally foreseen between 16:00 and 19:00 local time. Any request to arrival at a different time will have to be pre-arranged with the contact person on the information sheet provided by PLV to the client after the payment of the balance.
NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE VILLA
The villa can only be used exclusively by the persons indicated on the booking form. Any changes to this will have to be authorized by the villa owner. The possible addition of guests – after the villa owner’s authorization – could result in an extra charge. It is, however, not possible to exceed the maximum capacity of the villa as stated in the program as it would result in immediate annulment of the contract without any refund to the client.
The signee of the contract is responsible for the respectful and decent behavior of all persons within the party staying in the villa. If the client or a guest of the group should behave disrespectfully or inappropriately, the villa owner has the right to interrupt the clients’ holiday and solve the contract. In this case the guests will be asked to leave the property immediately. Neither PLV nor the villa owner will have any responsibility towards the guests nor is any refund or payment of any form considered following the premature ending of the holiday of guests who have behaved indecently and disrespectfully.
- Normally swimming pools are not used all year round if you need to know in advance about Specific pool opening times for this villa. Please check at the time of the booking.
- Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Request for an extension to the opening times could result in an added cost. PLV cannot be held responsible for the water temperature of the pool during any time of the year.
- Naturally, neither PLV nor the villa owner can be held responsible for any accident that could occur as a consequence of the presence of the swimming pool or from using the pool.
- Smoking Allowed? Outside only.
- A cot and highchair can be requested for a charge subject to availability.
- Changeover day: Saturday or flexible at other times.
- Minimum stay: 7 nights (High/Peak Seasons) or 3 nights at other times.
- Insurance: Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
In the event that a client is dissatisfied with the rented villa because it is not as per the description in our program, the client will have to contact the villa-owner immediately. PLV will do their utmost to resolve any problem.
How to book this Wedding Villa in Sicily?
The Best way to book this Sicilian Wedding Villa Venue is to get in touch with us directly, to find out more about Special offers & Discounts which will be given at the time of confirming your villa holiday.
Why you should rent this luxury villa with a pool in Sicily with an agent?
There are many reasons why you should choose to rent this luxury villa in Sicily with an agent or Operator. Some key points to consider to book a villa with us.
- As a Villa operator, we are always updated with price changes, such as Discounts, Special offers, Long terms rentals on private Holiday villas in Sicily.
- We make sure your contract is with the villa owner/Local operator we work closely with.
- If this Luxury Family villa in Sicily is booked for the period you requested, we are able to match a similar villa matching your budget.
- Since we work directly and closely with many Luxury villas in Sicily, Areas covering Etna, Catania, Palermo, Trapani, Taormina, Cefalù, Siracusa (Syracuse), Aeolian Islands, Ragusa, South coast of Sicily, Dammusi in Pantelleria and Mondello, we are able to answer all your Luxury Villa holiday queries and requirements as a company.
- We are also able to either directly or indirectly arrange various concierge services for your Villa rental booking in Sicily.