Villa 1 | Saint Rémy de Provence, France | 4 bedrooms
Private Luxury Family-friendly villa near Saint Rémy de Provence
Private Pool, Child-Safe Pool, Heated Pool, Wi-Fi/Internet, Air-Con, BBQ, Ground Floor Bed & Bath, Satellite TV, Home Cinema & DVD, Ideal for Kids, Ideal for Teens.
The Property is a traditional Provençal light-filled home set in superb grounds, blending both simplicity and stylish comfort.
This attractive home offers an airy, single-storey lay out, with a natural interplay between indoor and outdoor living. Terracotta tiled roofs and charming gardens with endless secret nooks and separate spaces offer an authentic feel. Whether it be on the luscious lawns, the dazzling sun-dappled terrace or the shaded, covered veranda, dining al fresco will be a stylish affair.
Wrought-iron garden furniture, decadent loungers and romantic hanging seat are ideal for a morning coffee or an evening glass of wine, amid the scent of pines and olive trees. The Villa offers guests the ultimate tranquil retreat; a luscious haven of understated luxury and timeless charm.
The glistening pool is set in a sleek patio framed with elegant parasols, bistro set and an outdoor kitchen-dining room and barbecue; ideal for long and lazy afternoons by the pool enjoying Provençal flavours.
Guests will be immediately struck by the comfort and chic taste that defines the interiors at the villa; an effortless blend of original features (exposed timber beams and antique wooden doors) and touches of relaxed glamour (gilded frames and ornate, oil paintings and dripping chandeliers). This handsome home sets the scene for both informal yet impeccably chic holiday style.
Ample proportions and semi open-plan spaces add to the informal indulgence of this home; with separate spaces whether it be a quiet reading corner by the fireplace, a lively group meal or some ‘downtime’ with the entertainment features. A particularly lovely spot is the luminous conservatory – styled much like an orangery, offering a delightful space for tranquil breakfasts or evening nibbles whilst enjoying the garden views.
Eight people can be accommodated across four bedrooms and three bathrooms (with the option of two further guests using the sofa bed). Each bedroom offers distinct character and restorative charm, from beautifully upholstered antique reading chairs, to accents of vivid colour, to statement headboards for a regal touch.
The Villa is nestled in a prime position; both secluded, yet only two kilometres from the closest amenities of Saint Rémy de Provence which can be accessed via winding country lanes. Saint Rémy, is known for its bustling arts community, as well as its café-lined squares and renowned Wednesday market. A little further afield UNESCO-listed Pont d’Avignon (18 km), or the charming Arles (22 km), much beloved by tortured Expressionist Van Gogh can be enjoyed, as well as the magnificent and varied terrain of the Alpilles (little Alps).
What you should know…
- Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of the booking
- Please note that bookings will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner
- Three bath/ shower rooms to a maximum of eight/ ten guests (one of these has a bath, the other two have showers)
- Only two of the bedrooms have an ensuite shower room
- Air-conditioning is available in the bedrooms only
THE LOCAL AREA
- – <1hr to Airport
- – Rural Location
- – Walking/Hiking Paths
- – Wine Tasting
- – Golf Nearby
- – Tennis Nearby
- – Cycling
- – Horse Riding
- – Outstanding Landscapes
- – Outdoor Pursuit & Activities
- – Tourist Towns & Villages
- – Historical Sites
The Villa is in an ideal position: set down winding country lanes in tranquil seclusion, yet less than five minutes by car to Saint Rémy de Provence (two kilometres) where the nearest pharmacies, banks, shops and restaurants can be found.
Saint Rémy is a bustling, lively place with narrow, winding streets as well as colourful café-lined squares. Known for its arts heritage, most notably former home of Van Gogh, today this region retains a thriving arts community. Local artists display work in the galleries of Saint Rémy, and along the Route des Artistes on selected Sundays. The Mausole Saint Paul offers tranquil cloistered gardens worth a visit (as well as being the psychiatric centre which treated Van Gogh after he cut off his ear.)
Those keen on walking, climbing, cycling or riding will be well looked after; this region is rich with charming Provençal market towns as well as intriguing natural beauty. Saint Rémy is in the heart of the Alpilles. Set between the Carmargue and Luberon in Western Provence, lies this spectacular natural park, known for its intriguing breadth of plant varieties and bird species, as well as its craggy beauty encompassing limestone ranges, marshlands and olive groves.
At the heart of the Alpilles range, visitors will be able to explore traditional, pretty villages such as Eygalières and Paradou, many of which have earned the status of “plus beaux villages.” History buffs will enjoy archaeological sites such as Glanum, which features Roman settlement remains that prospered from the sixth century BC to the third century AD.
Wildlife-lovers will be particularly spoilt in the Alpilles with its rare bird life, whilst those keen on hiking, riding or cycling will have an array of trails to wind their way leisurely through this delightful part of Provence.
Arles (18 km) much beloved by Van Gogh, boasts UNESCO listed Roman monuments, as well as museums, Roman theatres, and winding medieval streets. The photography event takes place every summer drawing an International crowd. There are plenty of Van Gogh tours for arts enthusiasts during the summer season.
Avignon is about half an hour away (22 km), known for its famous Pont, which has an intriguing history dating back to the Middle Ages, whilst Les Baux de Provence is dramatically perched atop the limestone Alpilles Mountains and boasts a fortified tenth century castle as well as quintessential Provençal charm.
|Nearest Airport||Avignon Airport(19km)|
|Nearest Airport 2||Marseille Airport(75km)|
|Nearest Village||Saint-Remy de Provence(2.5km)|
|Sightseeing||Site Archéologique de Glanum(10km)|
Villa Interior (single storey, 350m²)
– Entrance hall
– Large open-plan lounge/ study (90m²) leading to terrace
– Dining room
– Conservatory surrounded by garden views
– American style kitchen with top-range appliances including fridge-freezer with ice dispenser, two coffee machines, electric oven, microwave, Aga and dishwasher
– Second kitchen with gas-cooker
– First bedroom with double bed (2m x 2m), dressing room, television, WC and shower room with two sinks
– Second bedroom with double bed (1.8m x 2m) WC and shower room with two sinks
– Third bedroom with double bed (1.6m x 2m)
– Fourth bedroom with double bed (1.8m x 2m)
– Family bathroom with bath/ shower and two sinks
– 2 Guest WCs
– Heated pool (12m x 6m, depth 0.8m – 1.8m) with a gated entry and electric shutter
– Sheltered pool area down a private path
– Veranda and dining terraces
– Outdoor kitchen
– Barbecue and Plancha
– 5000m² of lawns comprising luscious green spaces, shrouded shade, rockery and rose garden
– Pond with fountain
– Guest WC
– Night lighting
– Covered parking
– Wi-Fi with live box
– Air conditioning in the bedrooms
– Flat-screen satellite television
– Home cinema with Bose sound system
– DVD player, CD player with DVDs, CDs and books
– Ironing equipment
- Children of all ages will be superbly catered for in and around Saint Rémy, whether it be enjoying artisan chocolates, picking up hand-made lavender souvenirs at the markets or enjoying family meals out flavoured with the famous local olive oils and herbs.
- Active youngsters will have endless choice, from rock-climbing craggy limestone ranges to ambling through gentle valleys dotted with pretty villages, to discovering the countryside on horseback or by kayak – the Alpilles (‘small Alps’) offer trails suitable for all levels.
- St Rémy’s old centre has a pedestrian-friendly lay-out, a smattering of chic boutiques and lots of family-friendly restaurants, as well as a range Van Gogh trails. Children in particular will enjoy the Joël Durand chocolate shop, where visitors can enjoy ganache-filled samples or buy chocolate-covered ice cream bars.
- Les Baux de Provence castle is dramatically perched atop a limestone hill. During summer months there are re-enactments of medieval military battles that will bring history to life for youngsters; there is also an audio-guide, a smartphone app and even a free activity book suitable for children from seven to twelve.
- The Musée Granet in Aix en Provence (hometown to Cézanne) offers weekly art workshops for children (worth booking in advance), whilst many of the artists trails or Van Gogh tours around Saint Rémy are family-friendly.
- The Moulin de Calanquet is well worth a visit: a family run manufacturing farmhouse and olive mill, where children can learn about the production of olive oils, various tapenade, fruit jellies and other products – an unexpected delight of Saint Rémy.
Extras included at this property:
– Maid service 10 hours/week
Extras available at this property (payable locally):
-Airport/train station pick-up/drop-off
-Chaffeur/private car rental
-Private plane rental
-Booking of local activities (restaurants, festivals, concerts, exhibitions etc.)
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
RATES (£ – GBP)
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Self Catering
Updated Prices for 2022/23
Prices based on an occupancy of 8 people:
|Oct 11th 2022 – Jan 7th 2023||£5,314|
|Jan 7th 2023 – Apr 22nd 2023||£5,314|
|Apr 22nd 2023 – May 6th 2023||£5,904|
|May 6th 2023 – Sep 16th 2023||£6,495|
|Sep 16th 2023 – Apr 13th 2024||£5,314|
Please note that these prices/rates are a guide only and may not be correct at the current date. For an accurate quote, please enquire.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||€2500 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.|
|Arrival time||5:00 p.m.|
|Departure time||10:00 a.m.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Extra €150, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes, including pool towels.|
|Heating costs included?||No.|
|Minimum stay||7 nights.|
|Smoking Allowed?||Outside only.|
|Pets welcome?||On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.|
|Energy costs included?||No.|
|Pool heating charge?||No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.|
|Other Ts and Cs||Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.|
|Pool opening dates?||The pool is open from Easter to mid October.|
How to book this Holiday Villa in South of France?
The Best way to book this Holiday Villa in South West France is to get in touch with us directly, to find out more about Special offers & Discounts which will be given at the time of confirming your villa holiday.