Domaine 3 with pool| Carcassonne, Languedoc | 11 Bedrooms
Rent this Domaine in Carcassonne Languedoc-Roussillon with a pool
If you are looking for a Large château in the wine region of France, This Villa is an ideal option for groups. Facilities include 11 Bedrooms & 8 Bathrooms. Villa can accommodate 16 to 22 Guests. Private Pool, Child-Safe Pool, Wi-Fi, BBQ, Satellite TV, Indoor & Outdoor Games, Table Tennis, Home Cinema, DVD, Fireplace, Heating, Caretaker/Owner on Site. Also with good access to Wine Tasting, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Cycling, Horse Riding, Go-Karting, Walking & Hiking Path sand Superb Landscapes.
PRICES: From £5,375 to £14,997 a week | See below for Seasonal Rates.
HIGHLIGHTS: Medieval Cité de Carcassonne is a UNESCO World Heritage site, Discover idyllic villages across the Languedoc with small lakes and streams or walking across the garrigue-covered hills. Explore the wild lavender and thyme, olive trees, vines, and glorious meadows of this region.
As Featured in the Sunday Times
Imagine relaxing on a hillside with an evening picnic accompanied by Languedoc-Roussillon wine as the sun sets in the distance, surrounded by the aromas of wild lavender and thyme, before wandering back to your beautiful French home. With over 600 acres of stunning private land, Domaine Des Arômes is blessed with a very special setting just a short drive from the amazing city of Carcassonne.
What’s to expect in this £5,375 to £14,997 a week villa in Carcassonne wine region?
Set in the heart of the Languedoc-Roussillon region, the incredible Domaine in Carcassonne Languedoc-Roussillon allows you to experience this alluring part of southern France and greatly appreciate its authenticity in every way. There is wonderful natural beauty all around you at this exquisite villa in Carcassonne Languedoc-Roussillon. Rest by the glorious swimming pool with its unspoilt views, spend lazy lunches by the barbecue in the poolside summer kitchen with its surround sound system or find a tranquil spot across the large gardens with its terracotta pots bursting with summer colour and lawns dotted with olive and cypress trees. As the evening draws in, gather together with close friends and family on the terrace enjoying feasts of regional delights and fine local wine, then stroll around the beautifully lit gardens whilst gazing at the clear starry skies around you.
Things to know before you book this Villa in Carcassonne Languedoc-Roussillon.
- You’ll find 8 bedrooms in the main house, 2 bedrooms in the adjoining cottage and one charming stand-alone bedroom right next to the cottage – read below for full details.
- In July and August a couple live on site in a separate house.
- As expected in such a vast domaine, children will need to be supervised when exploring outside where they can discover the lake, streams, various levels as well as two horses.
- The owners also ask guests of all ages to be mindful of the many paintings, statues and antiques across their beautiful home.
– Swimming pool (7x15m, depth: 1.2-2.5m) with two safety alarms. Open approximately April to October
– Sun-loungers (x18) and deck-chairs
– Pool house with BBQ, al-fresco dining area and surround system
– Terrace with al-fresco dining area (for up to 22)
– Second BBQ
– Outside games
– Garden (10 acres)
– Private land (630 acres) with streams, lake, woodland, hills, two grazing horses
– Caretakers’ lodge
– Private parking
Surrounded by over 600 acres of private land, Domaine Des Arômes is a rural paradise in the dreamy Languedoc countryside, yet only 15km from the fine historic city of Carcassonne. The nearest villages are around a 10 to 15-minute drive away where you will find small grocery stores, a boulangerie for morning bread and pastries as well as a couple of restaurants. Larger supermarkets can be found towards Trèbes and Carcassonne. In the great city of Carcassonne itself you will find a range of amazing restaurants, some featuring Michelin stars, as well as wonderful markets selling fruit, vegetables, local meats, cheeses and all sorts of regional delights. Across this incredible region you can also discover idyllic Languedoc villages and wild landscapes of rolling hills and vineyards, perfect for walking, cycling, horse-riding and of course wine-tasting.
Within an hour you can be tasting some of the finest sea-food at beachside restaurants by the sandy shores of the Mediterranean or stay closer to home and spend the summer splashing in nearby rivers or discovering lakeside watersports and fun.
There is already so much to see in the stunning grounds, whether exploring the pine-filled forests, discovering the small lake and streams or walking across the garrigue-covered hills. Come across wild lavender and thyme, olive trees, vines and glorious meadows. Discover the abundance of wildlife, flora and fauna (this is a protected conservation zone) and spot rare birds. Take an evening picnic up to the top of a hill and watch the sun set.
- Nearest Airport: Carcassonne Airport (21km)
- Nearest Airport 2: Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (120km)
- Nearest Train Station: Gare de Carcassonne (17km)
- Nearest Restaurant: Local village (4km)
- Nearest Village: (4km)
- Nearest Shop: (4km)
- Nearest Supermarket: (8km)
- Nearest Town/City: Carcassonne (15km)
- Nearest Golf: Le Domaine d’Auriac (16km)
- Nearest Tennis: Carcassonne (16km)
- Culture, History, and Art:
- Despite the solitude of this peaceful location, the grand Cité de Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is just 15km away and waiting to be explored. The medieval Cité de Carcassonne is a UNESCO World Heritage site and attracts visitors from all over the world. Walk along the citadel’s 3km long walls, explore the narrow lanes filled with little shops, bars and restaurants and visit its museums. In July look out for the Festival de Carcassonne as well as the Bastille Day fireworks, some of the best in France.
- The Minervois region offers spectacular landscapes, wild gorges and pretty villages such as Aigne with its wine-tasting caves and Minerve, one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ with a fascinating Cathar history. There are of course many Cathar fortresses across this part of France including the famous Château de Quéribus and Château de Montségur.
- Special events and gatherings: N/A
- Culinary Experiences:
- Limoux is home to some excellent restaurants, has a lovely weekly market on a Monday morning and hosts some great wine-festivals in the summer. Toulouse, the ‘rose-city’ is another fantastic day out with its historic sights and brilliant shops.
- Beach-lovers can be by the sea in an hour with the likes of Gruissan Plage just outside of Narbonne and the coastline around the Parc Naturel Régional de la Narbonnaise easily reached. Leucate Plage is an especially picturesque spot with an excellent beachside bistro serving freshly caught seafood and other delights.
- Active outdoors:
- Keen hikers can also follow some wonderful trails in the surrounding area whilst cyclists can ride various routes and discover the breath-taking scenery (bike hire, including electric and mountain bikes, can be arranged with plenty of advance notice).
- There is also an equestrian centre in one of the local villages, offering treks for all abilities which the owners can help book for you (this area is known for horses grazing on the pastures – there are even two rescued horses within the domaine).
- There are also many idyllic villages across the Languedoc. Visit the beautiful abbey in Lagrasse, also a great spot for summer riving swimming in L’Orbieu (or head up to nearby Ribaute where you can cool off by the little waterfalls).
- Closer to the villa, other activities nearby include an 18-hole golf course in beautiful surroundings, tennis courts in Carcassonne as well as go-karting, a tree-top activity centre, an aquapark at a local lake as well as kayaking and canoeing on nearby rivers. If staying in the winter then Les Monts d’Olmes offers skiing on the edge of the Pyrenees, just under 2 hours by car.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING AREA
Style and Character
The 5-star accoladed home is equally as impressive with its fine antique furnishings, old paintings and precious family treasures alongside great comfort and refined style. An elegant living room, a fantastic lounge with its own home cinema system, a characterful dining room for candle-lit dinners, and a superbly equipped kitchen can be found in the main house alongside 8 bedrooms, most with their own bathrooms. Ranging from the grand master suite with its emperor sized bed to romantic doubles and pretty twins, many of the bedrooms benefit from lovely views of the lakes, forests or hills. A delightful adjoining cottage offers space for 6 additional guests, making this an ideal home for a large family gathering or a holiday with good friends.
Main House Interiors (1100m2) – 8 bedrooms
– Entrance hall
– Living room with fireplace and TV
– Kitchen, fully equipped including dishwasher, high-end cooker and barbecue, TV and table for up to 24 guests (with extension)
– Back kitchen with dishwasher, second cooker, fridge, washer and tumble dryer
– 2 x WCs
Le Domaine in Languedoc-Roussillon can sleep 16 to 22 Guest in 11 Bedrooms in total
Upper Floors (via three sets of staircases, various wings)
– Living room/cinema room with fireplace and surround system
– Master bedroom with emperor-size double bed, living area and en suite bathroom with walk-in shower, bath, double sinks and WC. Door from bathroom leads outside (close to swimming pool)
– Bedroom with double bed and en suite bathroom with bath and WC
– Bedroom with double bed and en suite bathroom with bath and WC
– Bedroom with double bed and private bathroom (across hallway) with bath and WC. Sloping ceiling and courtyard view
– Bedroom with twin beds and juliet style window/balcony
– Bathroom with bath and WC (shared between the twin bedrooms)
– Bedroom with twin beds with sloping ceilings and small window (this bedroom is on the top floor, accessed via stairs near the other twin bedroom)
– Bedroom with queen-size double bed and en suite bathroom with bath/shower and WC. Leads to turret with table and chairs
– Bedroom with four-poster double bed, sofa and en suite bathroom with bath/shower and WC
Separate Cottage Interiors (accessible to guests with limited mobility) – 2 bedrooms
– Living room with sofas and TV
– Kitchen-diner, fully equipped
– Bedroom with double bed
– Bedroom with twin beds
– Bathroom with bath and WC
– Courtyard with outside dining area
- Property Floorplans (please check at the time of booking)
MAIN VILLA FEATURES – Service and Facilities
- STAFF: Self-Catering
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa
- Wi-Fi (via satellite) in main house, cottage and pool house
- Swimming pool (Private Pool – Child-Safe Pool)
- Heating – Please check T&C’s below.
- 3 x working fireplaces
- Fans (bedrooms)
- Satellite TVs (with International channels)
- Cinema room with DVD/CD player and surround system
- PS4 in cinema room
- Surround system (pool house)
- Board games
- Indoor Games
- Outdoor Games
- Books and DVDs
- Outside games
- Table tennis
- Hairdryers (in bathrooms)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Ground Floor Bed & Bath
- Working Fireplace
- Caretaker/Owner on Site
RATES (£ – GBP)
PRICING & SERVICE OPTIONS – Features/Amenities shown are not always free and may have additional costs – Some service types may not be available for your selected dates. Please check at the time of booking for Amenities included on the service option you have selected.
- Self Catering
Updated Prices for 2021/22
Prices based on an occupancy of 22 people:
|Feb 14th 2021 – Jun 1st 2021||£5,375|
|Jun 1st 2021 – Jul 1st 2021||£9,622|
|Jul 1st 2021 – Sep 1st 2021||£14,997|
|Sep 1st 2021 – Oct 1st 2021||£9,622|
|Oct 1st 2021 – Dec 18th 2021||£5,375|
|Christmas & New Year||£9,622|
|Jan 8th 2022 – May 31st 2022||£5,375|
|May 31st 2022 – Jun 30th 2022||£9,622|
|Jun 30th 2022 – Aug 18th 2022||£14,997|
Extras for this Large holiday rental in Carcassonne, Languedoc-Roussillon
We can typically help you arrange any of the following:
– Maid service/extra cleaning
– Private chef/cook/catering
– Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
– Local day-trips or tours
– Airport pick-up/drop-off
– Babysitting / childcare services
Extras included at this property:
– High-quality toiletries in bathrooms
– Maid service, Monday-Friday mornings (June to September only)
Extras available at this property (payable locally):
– Bike hire
– Chef service
– Cooking lessons
– Wine tours
– Extra cleaning and laundry
– Car hire / travel booking
– Restaurant reservations
– Horse-riding treks
– Booking of other activities
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests!
- The official price for this Domaine in Carcassonne Languedoc-Roussillon with a pool is in British sterling pounds (£). Other currencies are listed for reference only. Every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the day’s exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing.
- The Villa t is sold on SELF CATERING BASIS + SECURITY DEPOSIT MAY BE REQUIRED ON BOOKING, Please enquire about your preferences of rental at the time of enquiry.
- Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
All prices published in our marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur. We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
- Services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. The exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subject to our General Terms and Conditions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time.
|Security deposit||£1000 paid via cheque or bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded within two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.|
|Arrival time||4.00 p.m.|
|Departure time||10.00 a.m.|
|Energy costs included?||Yes.|
|Heating costs included?||Included from November – April approximately.|
|End of stay cleaning included?||Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.|
|Linen & towels included?||Yes.|
|Pool towels included?||Yes. Please note that pool towels are not to be used at the beach.|
|Pool opening dates?||The pool is open approximately April to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.|
|Changeover day||Saturday. All other changeover days on request.|
|Minimum stay||7 nights from June – September and over Christmas and New Year. Short-breaks may be possible on request outside these periods. Please enquire with us for more details.|
|Smoking Allowed?||Outside only.|
|Pets welcome?||Small well-behaved dogs may be accepted on request only and with prior agreement with the owner. Please note dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms and please ensure they do not chase the two horses in the grounds (around 200m away from the house).|
|Other Ts and Cs||Small weddings outside peak season are possible on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties and other events are not allowed.|
Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
How to Book this Domaine in Carcassonne Languedoc-Roussillon with a pool?
The Best way to book this Villa with a pool in Carcassonne, Languedoc is to get in touch with us directly, to find out more about Special offers & Discounts which will be given at the time of confirming your villa holiday.
Why you should book this Large villa with a pool in Languedoc with an agent?
There are many reasons why you should choose to book this Large villa with a pool in Carcassonne with an agent or Operator. Some key points to consider to book a villa with us.
- As a Villa operator, we are always updated with price changes, such as Discounts, Special offers, Long stay deals on this villa rental in the Languedoc-Roussillon.
- We make sure your contract is with the villa owner/Local operator we work closely with.
- If this Villa in Carcassonne is booked for the period you requested, we are able to match a similar villa matching your budget.
- Since we work directly and closely with this Private Villa in the Languedoc-Roussillon, we are able to answer all your chalet holiday queries and requirements as a company.
- We are also able to either directly or indirectly arrange various concierge services for your Villa rental booking in Languedoc, South of France.