Villa 4 | 6 Bdr | Burgundy
Treigny Budget country house in Burgundy, France
Sleeps: 16 guests – 6 Bedrooms
|*WEEKLY PRICES||From EURO (€)2,976 to (€)3,750/week|
This 6-bedroom pet-friendly budget country house in Burgundy, France is ideal for families and friends who fancy exploring the rural French villages and get involved with some adventures nearby. The house is located in a little village of eye-catching stone houses. This country house has a lot of character and it is an excellent choice for those who wish to explore the Burgundy’s countryside.
Walk into this house and appreciate the old-world setting with plenty of living spaces, making it ideal for large families or a gathering of friends. For sure you will feel appreciated here, if you have an eye for French traditional features then you will not take much time to spot the lovely traditional features such as wood beamed ceilings, old fire-places and original flooring plus interesting parts such as the stone spiral staircase leading to some of the rooms; must warn you; keep a firm eye on those low ceilings! Five of the six bedrooms spread around the house have en-suite bathrooms and offer great levels of comfort alongside authentic charm.
Dining al fresco for a leisurely lunch or under the starry sky will be one of your memorable experiences here as you admire the lush gardens and remarkable views around you. The welcoming swimming pool is ideal for a dip as you relax in the glorious gardens under the shade of the tree or on the roomy lawns and at nights gaze at the stars. For the more active try some table-tennis and for the more chilled or looking for your own pace, find a peaceful spot with a book and a glass of good local wine.
The nearest Airport is Paris Orly/Parid CDG (190km/225km). This pretty country house in Burgundy, France is set in a hilly and rural area of the Yonne department in western Burgundy, 5km from the village of Treigny. Within 5km reach you will find bars, pubs, restaurants and even tennis, within 10 kms a supermarket and Golf within 50 kms.
This rural and small village is full of charm with inscriptions on the facades of many of the historical houses. Go down to the bottom of valley to visit the old laundry which was still used up until mid 20th Century and is now protected as part of the village’s important heritage. If you are looking for something a little more, head north to discover Saint-Fargeau with its magnificent castle and Toucy with its pretty weekly market on a Saturday morning. It all will make you feel like you in some movie. Going a little further will take you to delightful rural French villages and market towns such as Sancerre with its good wines, Briare on the banks of the Loire or a little further to the famous hilltop town of Vézelay.
- WINE EXPERIENCES: You are also near the borders of the Cher, Nievre and Loiret departments, each one with charming villages and market towns, fascinating art and history and fine wines to sample. This part of Burgundy offers undulating landscapes of woodlands, vineyards and small lakes as well as the Loire and Yonne rivers only a short drive away. Wine-lovers will appreciate being an hour away from Sancerre (45km), a picturesque village with more than 300 vineyards or wine caves in the surrounding area where you can often sample and buy the white wines of this region. If wine isn’t your thing, the local goat’s cheese is also held in high esteem!
- CULTURE AND HISTORY: The tiny village is full of charm with inscriptions on the facades of many of the historical houses. Head down to the bottom of valley to visit the old laundry which was still used up until mid 20th century and is now protected as part of the village’s important heritage. Within 5km you can drive to Treigny where you will a restaurant and little supermarket as well as an impressive church.
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: For the more outdoor adventures there are the hikes, mountain biking and horse-riding nearby, as well as other activities such as tree-top adventures, lakes and farms, there is a great deal to explore in this tranquil part of Burgundy. Lac du Bourdon (15km) offers fishing, canoeing and wonderful walks along its shore or nearby woodlands. Tree-top adventurers should head to Nature Adventure (10km) with all sorts of activities on offer including paintballing.
LIVING AREAS AND BEDROOMS
Ground Floor: Living room with TV, DVD player and Hi-Fi | Kitchen-diner, well equipped with dishwasher, fridge-freezer, electric oven and hob, coffee machine, kettle, mixer and toaster | Laundry room | Guest WC.
- Private heated swimming pool (size: 8mx4m/depth: 1.4m/shape: rectangular) with safety alarm, fence and a removable cover. Open from May to end of September) with a poolside terrace.
- Sunbeds and parasol
- Lawned gardens
- Al fresco and lounge terrace areas with a portable barbecue
- Outdoor dining furniture
- Private enclosed parking space for up to three cars plus three further private parking spaces
First Floor: 2 double bedrooms | 1 Family room with two double beds, single bed and en-suite bath/shower room | 1 Double bedroom with en-suite bath/shower room | 1 Triple room with double bed, single bed and en-suite bath/shower room | 1 One en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, wash-basin and WC | 2 en-suite shower rooms with shower and wash-basin | 1 Shower room with single wash-basin | 1 Bathroom with single wash-basin, shower and WC | Guest WC.
Second Floor: 1 Double bedroom | Guest WC
MAIN VILLA FEATURES
- LOCATION: Yonne Department, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, North-Central France
- STAFF: Self-Catering property. Maid service available on extra cost.
- SWIMMING POOL: Private and heated pool. The pool is open from May to end of September, subject to weather conditions.
- DINING: Self- Catering Villa, Chef/Cook available on extra cost.
- COMMUNICATION: Internet WIFI
- FAMILIES: Ideal for kids
- ENTERTAINMENT: Satellite TV (Dutch channels), DVD, Table tennis,
- ENTERTAINMENT (NEARBY): Canoeing/Kayaking, Rural Location, Walking/Hiking Paths, Wine Tasting, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Cycling Horse, Riding, Fishing, Outstanding Landscapes, Outdoor Pursuit & Activities, Tourist Towns & Villages, Historical Sites
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: BBQ, Table tennis, heating, fireplace, washing machine, iron and ironing board, vacuum cleaner
RATES PER WEEK (EURO)
Prices based on an occupancy of 16 people:
|WEEKLY PRICES||From EURO 2,976 to 3,750/week|
- The official prices for Villas in France are in EURO (€). Other Currencies are listed for reference only. If payments are required in other currencies, Every time a payment is collected, it will be converted to the charging currency on the days exchange rates (XE) prior to invoicing. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote please contact us.
- All prices published in PLV’s marketing material and on our website are for guidance only.
- In exceptional circumstances changes and errors occasionally occur.We reserve the right to alter or correct errors in any quoted or published prices at any time prior to the Booking being confirmed, once confirmed price will not change. At times, some owners don’t update very recent price changes.
*This service is based on a week-long stay and services may be tailored to your exact requirements during the booking process. Exact services included with each booking will be listed on the Booking Confirmation.
Special terms and conditions that supersede our standard terms and conditions
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify PLV in writing as soon as possible. PLV shall make every attempt to meet your request, but cannot guarantee compliance with such requests.
Modifications to the booking form are only valid if they are made in writing, and if they are signed by you and us, or when we have inputted amendments into the booking form. You hereby agree to indemnify PLV/the owner for any reasonable expenses incurred in making an amendment.
Should you wish to cancel your booking for whatever reason, this should also be made in writing and charges will be levied as follows:
(i) if cancelled more than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the deposit payment will be forfeited (unless the deposit is paid by credit card in which case the deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is received within 24 hours of payment being taken); and
(ii) if cancelled less than 12 weeks before the arrival date, the full booking price will be forfeited and 100% of the booking shall be due and payable to PLV.
We strongly advise that every client take out suitable holiday insurance for the duration of their stay, including cancellation insurance to limit your cancellation risk and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property. Read more on our Terms and Conditions.
INCLUSIONS AND EXTRAS
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL RATE
- Energy costs
- End of staying included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen and towels included. Excluding pool towels.
- 1 cot and 1 high chair are provided free of charge.
- Pool heating. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
NOT INCLUDED AND AVAILABLE ON EXTRA COST
- Heating: 15 EUROS per day, on request.
- Mandatory tourist tax of €1,50 pp/pn, to be paid locally upon arrival.
- Additional highchairs/cots are available on request at an extra charge of €15,00 per item.
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- Security deposit: €500 paid via bank transfer to the owner 4 weeks before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Minimum stay: 7 nights
- Changeover day: Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking allowed outside only.
- Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
Please note that all extras are subject to availability and must be requested in advance of the holiday (prices on request). Due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. However, we will always do our best to fulfill your requests.